Wednesday 9 May 2012

Matched!

Just a very quick post......

Yesterday was the most wonderful day, we were unanimously approved to be matched with our daughter. The panel had a good number of questions for the Foster Carer, Social Worker and us and they had some further recommendations for the Social Workers and the Adoption Support Plan.

They asked us to step out whilst they discussed our case, which felt like an eternity. When we were finally asked to step back into the room and the Chair of the panel gave us the verdict, the tears welled up in our eyes. I have never had a feeling like that in my life.

We left the room and felt in a total daze. The Family Finding SW who was there to support us in the absence of our own assessing / link SW said to me "You've got a baby daughter." I was lost for words. We were handed our matching certificates to give our employers and we gave the Foster Carer a DVD of us (not before we apologised, in advance, to the Foster Carer for the content /quality!!) Lola gave her the talking photo album and I had to stop all the SW's listening to it in the corridor of the town hall (I hate the sound of my own voice recorded!)which they found highly amusing.

We walked out of the Town Hall as new parents. We chatted outside to the Foster Carer for a good 15 minutes and a week from now we will have completed two days of introductions!

What a moment for the two of us to share, I will always remember this very special day.

(An ecstatic) Ruth & Hannah x x

No comments:

Post a Comment