Sunday 27 May 2012

The curse of the hair wash....

Our daughter is dual heritage and has light brown curly hair (very cute). You only have to look at it for 5 minutes and it's knotted. This morning Mummy Ruth took the bull by the horns (and the child by the head) and tackled the first hair wash. Oh my gosh. I have not heard Raina scream so much before. In fact, I didn't know that people that little could make that much noise. She wept (chin wobble) in the bath and I decided it was best for me to leave the bathroom so she didn't feel like we were both ganging up and tormenting her. Ruth managed it well; washed and conditioned and combed the hair and then used a leave in conditioner. We have been using the leave in conditioner on her hair every morning since she moved in and think that washing her hair as infrequently as possible is best but today was definitely time to be washed. Ruth thinks its payback for all the Sunday hair-pain that her own Mum inflicted on her!!!! Throughout the day we have been gently combing her hair through with our fingers to ease out the beginnings of any knots but I am dreading the next hair wash and in true parenting equality; I have been told that it's my turn next. I'm so glad Raina and I have got Ruth to guide us; having European hair means that I have missed out on a whole other world of hair related products, routines and techniques - although I've learnt a lot being with Ruth for the last 5 years. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment